Recording of Transport Modelling for Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning
This technical training section is designed to help the audience increase their understanding of urban mobility modelling in the framework of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMP) development. It will provide a definition of transport modelling and provide practical, global references to make the above concepts easier to understand.
Here are a few key moments and recommendations from the session :
- What are MobiliseYourCity’s Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan guidelines?
- What trigger mobility changes?
- What is transport modelling and what are its main uses?
- What indicators are modelled?
- How does the modelling process work?
- What are the differences between models and softwares?
- What are the main characteristics of strategic/macro models, monomodal models, multimodal models and of micro/dynamic models?
- How to select the most appropriate modelling model?
- How to make the most of modelling within the SUMP cycle?
- What is the four-step model?
- How can calibration support transport modelling?
- How to do transport modelling with poor or scarce data?
You can watch the full recording, here.